TIPA, a vital R&D partner that propels SMEs to success
Purpose of Establishment
Established on January 22, 2002, the Korea Technology and information Promotion Agency for SMEs is a specialized institution that works to increase the competitiveness of SMEs by helping them achieve technological innovation and efficient management and informatization.
* Based on Article 20 of the Act on the Promotion of Technology Innovation of Small and Medium Enterprises (Korea Technology and Information Promotion Agency for SMEs)
- Establishment of a base for the technological innovation of SMEs
- Research on technological innovation policies and development of a related long-term plan
- Assessment of demand for technological innovation projects and carrying out of related research and analysis
- Dis semination and evaluation of information technology to promote informatization
- Laying the groundwork for the informatization of SMEs and evaluation of their informatization levels
Independent R&D, Cooperating R&D
1. Startup growth and technological development
Raise survival rate and strengthen the foundation for growth of firms by supporting the technological development of startups and selfemployed creative enterprises with excellent growth potential.
2. Process Quality Technology Development Project
We support the overall process of product development and process improvement by facilitating the technological development of products and process enhancement of SMEs and businesses with core technologies. We do so as a means to accumulate product competitiveness and improve productivity through being highly responsive to the market and consumer needs in a timely manner.
3. Creative and Innovative Re-challenge Technology Development Project
We contribute to the minimization of social costs, including the prevention of social assets from being wasted and creating jobs by supporting technological development of re-emerging SMEs.
4. On-site Demand Type Smart Factory R&D
We contribute to smart ecosystem creation and stengthening blocal competitiveness by enhancing productivity and improving quality through smart manufacturing innovation of SMEs.
5. Re-challenge Technology Development Project
Supporting technology development for effective upbringing or restartup corporations and the smooth recovery of failed business people of re-emerging SMEs and corporation approved for transition plan.
6. Industry-Academy-Research Collaboration Technology Development Project
Utilize the R&D infrastructure of universities and research institutes to support SME’s technological competitiveness and technological supplementary assets through joint R&D.
7. Development of Cooperational Technology for leading research Institute Supporting SMEs
We provide support on cooperational technology development which utilizes experts from leading research institute of SMEs, enhancing technological innovation capacity.
8. SMEs R&D Planning Capacity Improvement Project
We enhance success rate of commercialization through peoject planning support of the SMEs with low R&D planning capacity, and contribute to promoting voluntary R&D planning. In order to support SMEs technical difficulties on technical experts, we match the excellent professors from the universities, supporting based on research and development.
9. Universities-Research Institutes-Industries Collabo R&D (Preliminary research)
We suppoer collabo R&D of SMEs with difficulty in securing research experts by utilizing resources that university possess (manpower, technology, equipment, etc.) and support commercialization-based R&D based on expertized technology in research institute.
10. Universities-Research Institutes-Industries Cooperation on New Business R&D Voucher
We utilize infrastructure of universities and research institutes to support technology development services in a form of voucher, for SMEs that wishes to continue growing through expansion into new business field.
Informatization Support Programs
1. Development of cloud computing-based solutions
A low-cost, high-efficiency, cloud-based sharing system (platform) through which SMEs are free to access various solutions without incurring any additional burdens in terms of human resources, maintenance costs, and system upgrades.
2. Support for digitization of manufacturing
Contribute to the strengthening of capability of purchase-supplying smartfactories through manufacturing, commercialization, export activity support, etc to improve constructed smart factory level and improve utilization.
3. Support for the establishment of a technology leakage prevention system
Support the establishment of a system to prevent leakages of the core technologies of SMEs, including the development of a technological response solution and establishment of a physical control system such as access control.